Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Waiting



















I am waiting;
searching for truth,
reading the words of fools,
listening to the voices
of liars and thieves;
I see their agendas,
I expose their hypocrisy,
I understand their fears;
there is no love,
there is no pity,
there is only judgment,
there is only condemnation;
and still,
I wait;
one more day,
one more minute,
one more breath,
passing by unnoticed,
unknown,
unheard;
clarity has no meaning
in this land gone mad,
insanity replaces greed
when there is nothing left,
truth does not
give up her secrets
without a fight;
we have consumed
all there is,
we have taken
until there is nothing
more to take,
we have stolen
everything there is to steal,
we have sold our souls
to the highest bidder,
easy to become part of the problem,
when there is no solution,
easy to let go
when there is nothing
left on which to hang;
I live in a world
begging for redemption,
I live in a world
searching for truth,
I live in a world
dying in its own filth,
destroyed by its own wisdom,
caught up
in its own righteousness,
floating on its own
fantasy,
I live in a world
blinded by its own
darkness,
afraid of its own fear;
eventually nothing matters,
nothing is real,
it is all a fake,
it is all just another
days work,
nothing matters,
not me,
not you,
not today,
not tomorrow,
not the day,
not the night,
nothing;
and still,
I wait.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive