Sunday, May 28, 2017

Teach Me


















“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5
“For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.” Matthew 16:25
You are perfection,
in a sea of turmoil and confusion,
You are mercy and love,
in a world that is blind,
all my righteousness and works
are but filthy rags
before Your glorious throne,
break me into pieces
that I might be reformed
in Your holy and wondrous image,
remove all that I am,
that I might stand
before Your magnificent presence,
destroy this creation called self,
seeking to raise itself above
the honor and glory that is Yours
and Yours alone;
teach me how to die
that I might live;
You shine like a mighty light
amidst the darkness and gloom,
You are a drop of cool water
on the lips of a dying man,
You are the spring from which
living waters flow,
You are the bread of life
which comes down from heaven,
You are the vine
I am the branch,
within You
I can do all things,
without You
I am nothing;
teach me how to die
that I might live.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive