Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Cold


























dark, gray, rainy morning,
the cold, burning pain
runs down my tired, trembling leg,
old memories slither forth,
lost and forgotten thoughts
rise from their hidden cracks and holes,
silent friends whisper sweet hellos
into well tuned ears;
fight or flight?
outside the winter wind blows,
the running feelings return,
the get in the car and start driving
while never looking back voices
start talking;
so many years,
so many battles,
does it never end?
stay with me Father,
hold my head above the fray,
protect me from unseen enemies,
let my eyes see the light
of one more precious day,
make the cold winter wind
fade away;
lead me through this darkness,
help me to make a stand,
protect me once again
with Your mighty protective hand,
for I have forsaken Your
wisdom and righteousness,
silence the mocking voices
whispering inside,
never let me go,
never let me forget,
that for You
all things are possible;
bring me home to You Lord;
in You shall I trust,
in You shall I find comfort and rest,
in You shall I overcome the darkness
in You shall I pass the trial and test.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive