Saturday, May 6, 2017

Down The Road Where You Lead



















amidst the lost and lonely emptiness
of this long cold night,
I search for Your wonderful presence,
throughout the constant bombardment and battering
of the enemies cruel and vicious attacks,
I cry out for You;
O Lord,
be real within my mind and heart,
do not be distant and far away,
reach out Your mighty hand,
bring forth Your glorious mercy and grace,
show Your servant blessed favor;
silence the careless words of anger and hurt
rolling off my venomous tongue,
remove the thoughts of evil and lust
clouding my flesh-driven mind,
pull me from this iniquity and filth
I find myself drowning in,
I can’t make it any other way,
I have tried so many times before,
I have searched for so very long,
I have walked in darkness all my life,
You are the only answer,
You are the only truth,
You are the only light,
You are the only way;
save me Lord,
heal my broken spirit,
shelter me from the gathering storm,
guide my every step,
fill me with Your perfect love,
teach me Your righteous and holy ways;
remove anything not of You;
down the road where You lead
I will travel,
Yours is the face I will seek
for all of my days.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive