Saturday, May 27, 2017

Next
















“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”   Matthew 14:28-33
one more lesson,
one more obstacle,
one more weakness,
one more time, I begin
to sink below the surface;
once again, You grasp
my hand,
once again, You pull
me from the depths,
once again, You teach me
to overcome,
once again, Your power sets
me free;
the world continues on,
wars and rumors of wars,
death and destruction,
joy and laughter,
greed and self-satisfaction,
vanity and pride;
none of that matters now,
the flesh slowly dies,
only a fading mist,
a disappearing shadow,
I am finished with it all,
there is nothing more
I need,
there is nothing more
I want,
all that matters now is
what comes next,
all that matters now,
is You.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive