Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A New Day



















But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.   II Corinthians 12:9
the sun rises on the distant horizon,
a new day dawns,
searching for so long,
running from masters served,
surrounded by prison bars,
caught in unseen traps and chains,
a prisoner in this body of flesh and blood,
fighting a war I can never win;
do the battles ever end?
Your spirit quietly speaks,
the peace and joy return,
the fear and doubt fade,
the darkness retreats,
hope grows;
a slave no more;
the pain melts away,
falling like the evening stars,
Your light shines like a
Beacon in the night,
there is You,
nothing else matters,
Your glory is all there is;
Your grace is enough;
look down on me now Lord,
see the weakness hiding within,
forgive the compromise and betrayal,
remove the evil standing before me,
raise me above the destruction,
carry me through the growing storm,
protect me from the enemy waiting
just outside this door;
bring me home to You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive