Sunday, May 28, 2017

Higher
















“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”   Isaiah 55:8-9
You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.   James 4:4
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world – the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does – comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and it’s desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.   I John 2:15-17
everything I have been taught,
all that I have known,
every man-made idea,
every self-imposed concept,
every self-glorifying thought,
all the wisdom of the wise,
all that the world deems important;
is but nonsense and foolishness
to You;
You who created
all that there is,
all that ever will be,
You who said “LET THERE BE”,
You who are so far above anything
my simple mind can comprehend,
beyond all that I can imagine;
You who are the great I AM;
fill me with Your Spirit,
quiet my vain
and foolish ramblings,
forgive my perverse
and unrighteous life,
have mercy upon my evil
and iniquitous ways;
all my gain is as nothing,
if it does not include You,
all my words are but
wasted breath,
if they do not speak of You,
You are worth more
than all this world
has to offer,
more than life itself,
I shall seek You
for all my days,
I shall know no rest
until You are found,
my soul rushes after You
like a dying man to life,
You are a great and shining light
to one lost in the dark,
I cling to You as a
drowning man to a rock;
heal me O Lord,
teach me to walk in Your ways,
renew my imperfect mind,
restore my damaged soul;
reform me in Your holy
and righteous image.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive