Thursday, May 18, 2017

Just Believe

























Ignoring what they said, Jesus told the synagogue ruler “Don’t be afraid; Just believe.”   Mark 5:36
in the middle of the night
I awake,
gripped with fear,
overcome by the immensity,
afraid of the unknown road ahead,
thinking of all the possible dangers,
unable to control even the smallest detail,
completely inadequate and out of control;
heading on a collision course with disaster;
then I remember the places from where I have come,
all the doors that have been opened,
all the chains which have been removed,
the love and grace that has brought me to this place,
and I hear His soft, cool voice
gently whispering in the nighttime darkness;
“Don’t be afraid, just believe;”
the fear fades away,
the doubt dissolves into nothing,
the darkness turns to light,
there is only love,
there is only Him;
and that is all that matters;
in the deepest depths,
on the highest heights,
he is there
guiding my path,
showing the way;
the Friend who stands by my side
closer than a brother,
the King who laid down His life
that I might live;
the One who I will love
forever.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive