Saturday, May 27, 2017

Hiding Within Plain Sight





















they have become mesmerized
with the violence,
conditioned by the lies;
without feeling,
without joy;
without soul;
I remain silent,
because that is what
I choose;
words never mattered
anyway;
I could not save you;
you were too far gone,
too far along,
too far away;
from a dream,
I reach for you,
but you’re not there,
I call out your name,
but you do not hear,
replacing one,
without the other,
such an impossible task;
even now,
I hear your voice,
even now,
I see you your face,
even now,
I taste your skin;
a new day dawns,
old memories fade;
no return,
no mercy,
no hanging on;
forgotten memories and
empty futures,
travel down lost
and lonesome paths,
on their way to hidden
valleys,
where even the sun
does not speak;
I am tired of giving
pearls to dogs,
wisdom to swine,
tired of voices that only
know how to speak,
but have never learned
how to listen;
your judgment makes you smaller,
your expressions and excuses,
nothing more than meaningless drivel,
dead-end streets,
you use the cracks and crevices of
distant shores like common
knowledge;
platitudes and artistic differences
only go so far,
sooner or later choices
must be made;
eventually it becomes real,
eventually it slips away;
everything you know,
everything you are,
everything you ever were;
just fading vapor,
dispersing with the wind;
the higher you go,
the farther you fall,
the faster you run,
the bigger the crash.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive