Sunday, May 7, 2017

Darkness


















And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?   Luke 18:7-8
darkness,
all my life I have known darkness,
I have flirted with it,
I have danced with it,
I have felt its intoxicating touch,
I have watched it destroy
innocent, naive fools,
I have seen it claim victims
without mercy or remorse;
darkness,
yes I know darkness,
I have seen its cruelty,
I have known its calculating coldness,
I have hid in the shadows
as it silently passed by,
I have stood at the edge
of its endless abyss,
staring into the eternal blackness,
I have been an unwitting
and unsuspecting witness to its
terrible and irreversible effects,
I have survived when so many others
did not;
yes I have known darkness,
I have seen its writhing, invisible tentacles,
slowly spreading across society,
quietly planting seeds of doubt,
secretly robbing the world of faith,
steadily dousing the light,
surely and confidently
waiting for the end;
soon the darkness shall be no more,
evil shall no longer exist,
the world shall be free,
the light will shine once again,
every tear shall be wiped away;
He who testifies to these things says “Yes I am coming soon.”
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.   Revelations 22:20
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive