Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Siege


















outside this worn and battered fortress,
the enemy patiently waits,
laying siege to these crumbling walls,
setting hidden snares and traps,
offering enticing lures and baits,
silently probing and testing,
continuously searching for weakness;
preparing for the final assault;
within the darkness
I seek Your face,
through the long lost night,
I wait for Your presence;
rise up O mighty Lord,
defend me from unknown enemies,
free me from unseen prison bars,
fill me with Your holy fire,
bathe me in Your glorious light,
overwhelm me with Your spirit;
You are all that I desire,
You are all that I need;
You are the center of my hope,
You are the answer to every question;
You are all there is;
in You shall I find relief,
through You shall I overcome,
in You shall I have victory,
through You shall I be delivered;
stay with me forever,
strengthen my weakening defenses,
prepare my heart for the coming battle,
let me be triumphant in the face of defeat;
bring me home to You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive