Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Buddy
















I look at you now,
I see the years passing before my eyes,
I feel the changes taking place
in my body and in my mind;
only yesterday you were a little boy,
eating hotcakes and sausage at McDonalds,
watching spongebob and rugrats on tv,
screaming “Yeckkk!!!” and
throwing the worms into the lake
the first time I took you fishing;
now you are a man,
no longer the wide-eyed little boy who held my hand,
as we walked down the boardwalk at the shore,
begging to play mini-golf or skeeball,
at every golf place or arcade we passed;
“please Pa!”
“please Pa!”
a tiny bundle of energy
who never slowed down,
exasperating yet so endearing
at the same time;
I remember towing you around the pool by my beard,
both of us laughing so hard I thought my side would burst,
playing whiffle ball for hours on end,
always ready for a new adventure
whenever I could find the time,
of which there never seemed to be enough;
now you work on diesel engines,
with a busy schedule and little time,
which is the way it should be,
as natural as the setting sun,
but no matter where you go,
or what this life has in store for you,
always remember one thing;
I love you buddy,
more than you can ever know.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive