Wednesday, May 10, 2017

My Little Girl


























you were my little girl,
I held your tiny hand,
I caressed your golden locks,
I kissed your innocent forehead,
I wiped away
your falling tears;
now you have disappeared,
replaced by a stranger
I no longer recognize,
changing and rearranging,
until there is nothing left
of the little girl
who once was mine;
in the night
the dreams come,
as I hopelessly reach out,
trying to hold you
once again,
trying to pull you back
from the approaching darkness,
trying to protect you
from dangers unseen,
not willing to give up,
not willing to lose my little girl
without a fight;
but then I awake,
and you are not there;
I mourn for you
as for a lost child,
I grieve for a little girl
forever gone;
I want to tell you that I love you,
that I always will,
and that I miss you
more than you can possibly know;
and that no matter what,
you will always be
my little girl.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive