Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Backup



















my computer crashed today,
everything I had written
for the last 4 months was lost,
no cd or floppy,
no backup,
it was simply gone;
forever;
it’s not like I can recreate it,
this stuff doesn’t work like that,
it comes and it goes,
and when it’s gone it is gone,
never to return;
I felt like I had lost a child,
something precious and dear,
but even when you lose a child,
eventually you have to move on,
life is like that,
here today, gone tomorrow;
like a crashed computer;
moments piled upon moments,
some good, some bad,
some precious, some unremarkable,
coming and going in the blink of an eye,
every moment sacred,
every moment uniquely yours,
never to return again;
I prayed to the Lord,
He gave me peace,
He made me remember what is truly important,
that it’s not the words I write,
not the respect or glory they might earn,
not the admiration of others,
not about feeding my vanity and ego,
He is what is truly important,
He is my King and Lord,
serving Him is where my true joy lies,
glorifying His name is all that matters,
there will be more words,
there will be other moments,
piled upon other moments,
like sheets of ice
during a Lake Michigan winter storm,
forming vast mounds of forgotten dreams,
full of dramatic melodramas,
they will fade like the setting evening sun,
but the Lord shall be forever,
His kingdom will shine for all eternity;
He is my backup,
He is my guarantee.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive