Sunday, May 28, 2017

Resist


























“When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first.”   Luke 11:24-26
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.   James 4:7
once again,
You sweep my house clean,
once again,
the enemy waits outside,
attempting to bring destruction
worse than before;
“Do not fear, resist.”
You quietly whisper;
and I know
You will always be there,
ready to protect,
ready to defend,
teaching me Your truth while
giving just enough room to grow,
like a child learning to walk,
picking me up when
I stumble and fall,
holding my hand,
wiping away the tears;
never leaving me alone;
Father,
Creator of the universe,
praise Your holy name!
thank you for the gift
of Your wondrous Spirit,
the Comforter who guides
us into all truth,
teach me to shine
like a thousand suns;
teach me to be a Son
of the Living God.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive