Tuesday, May 16, 2017

My Cup Runneth Over




















in the quiet
of the slowly setting sun,
lie answers hidden so deep,
far from knowing eyes
or understanding minds;
there are stories
no man can tell,
there are places
no man can go;
you looked for the light,
but it was only darkness
which you found,
you searched for redemption,
yet it was only condemnation
that you deserved;
and yes there are stories
that no man can tell,
and there are places
where no man can go,
but still you held on,
waiting for an uncertain future,
following unsettled clues,
living without validity,
settling for pennies on the dollar,
surrendering to an enemy
already defeated,
making a home in the middle
of celestial wastelands;
I dreamed dreams,
wrestled with demons,
witnessed angels,
ran from the blackness
of the approaching night,
faced the wrath of an undeniable truth,
now I finally belong to You;
what more could I ask for?
what more could I ever need?
my cup runneth over,
surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
for all my days,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive