Saturday, May 13, 2017

True Home
















today was Petey,
my Jack Russell terrier’s third birthday,
we took him to Pet Smart,
got him a full grooming,
bought him 2 squeaky toys
and pet treats,
when we left, he pissed
on my shoe and pant leg,
while I was unlocking the car door;
my wife thought
it was very funny;
I am ready to go home,
everyday I become more and
more aware, as the desire
grows stronger and stronger,
tired and sick of the daily struggle,
disgusted at the lust and greed,
worn and wearied by the inequity
and unfairness of it all,
appalled by my own inability
to overcome this fleshly prison,
slowly killing me with its constant
cravings and depravity,
ready to put my soul in the hands
of the only One who
can save me from this
life that is no life,
in this place that is no home;
I am ready;
but it is not my decision to make,
just as this life is not my life to live,
I have been bought and paid for at a price,
a price I could never afford,
with a love I cannot even fathom,
by a Master who laid His life down,
that I might find the way back to my true home,
the one He has created for all who love Him;
everything I am is because of Him
everything I have belongs to Him.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive