Tuesday, May 16, 2017

No Other















I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting people may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD, and there is no other. I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.   Isaiah 45:5-7
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.   I Corinthians 4:20
the empty highway looms ahead,
stretching on forever, no end in sight,
destinations unknown, distant and unexplored,
staring mindlessly ahead, missing the thrill of the open road,
missing the isolation of the high mountain trails,
missing the taste of a young girl’s lips,
the breathless excitement in her eyes,
the feel of her quivering anticipation;
understanding things that no longer are;
it does not matter, the past is gone,
the only truth left, shining brightly ahead,
the small, still voice, speaking deeply within,
opening your eyes, revealing things
you could never have imagined,
incomprehensible things, things of beauty, things of truth,
knowledge for which words have no expression,
leaving you humbled and in awe;
God is power,
forming the light, creating darkness,
bringing prosperity, allowing disaster,
not bold, foolish talk, not man-made traditions,
not a better way of living, not a philosophy,
far beyond anything our limited minds can comprehend,
healing the sick, giving sight to the blind,
raising the dead to life;
God is power.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive