Monday, December 16, 2013

Romans 12:21

Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.   Ephesians 6:11-12
in the depths of my carnal mind,
the master of darkness softly speaks,
quietly searching for weakness and flaws,
silently planting his evil seeds;
seeds of lust and temptation,
seeds of doubt and fear,
seeds of hatred and anger,
seeds of revenge and retribution;
corrupting and twisting the truth,
clouding all that is real,
tearing down and destroying
until there is nothing left within,
building walls and divisions
between my brother and I,
putting words of venomous hate
on the tip of my imperfect tongue,
attempting to devastate and waste
all that is good,
all that is pure,
all that is holy and righteous;
all that is from God;
You patiently discipline and rebuke,
until at last I am able to understand,
providing the light for my blinded eyes
while gently holding my trembling hand,
guiding my feeble and wavering steps
as I slowly learn to stand;
raise me up above the filth and mire,
hold me in Your mighty arms,
remove the darkness surrounding my soul;
teach me to not be overcome by evil
but to overcome evil with good.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive