Thursday, December 12, 2013

lil bitches

words can make people
come alive,
words can cut and kill;
sometimes,
words are all there is,
other times,
words are never
quite enough;
words can mean everything,
words can mean nothing at all;
for someone who prides themselves
on the ability to manipulate
and massage words,
I haven’t been very true,
I have left my first love,
I have abandoned my calling,
I have taken words
for granted,
thinking they will always
be there for me,
but this isn't so,
you have to guard the things
that are precious,
you have to hold on to them
tightly like a schoolboy
holding his best girl,
or they might just walk away
when you least expect it;
never to return again;
the best ones always walk away,
they never hang around long,
so you have to lay them
down quick,
make love to them
while they’re in the mood,
dance while the music’s still playing,
stroke their hair,
whisper and cajole
while you have the chance,
even if it’s in the most
public places,
even if it’s not politically correct,
otherwise they walk,
and they never come back;
never;
the damn lil bitches.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive