Sunday, December 15, 2013

Forgetting How to Think

I have forgotten how
to think for myself,
now I look to someone else
to do my thinking for me,
like some highly trained
talking parrot;
sure,
I seem to have it all together,
just don’t take away my TV set,
because then I’d simply cease to
function;
I've also forgotten how to be
a cynical, sarcastic bastard,
as I begin to see things
from the other guys perspective,
even though I know it’s all
bullshit;
food and warmth
have become much to central
to my way of life;
I miss the edge,
fighting unseen demons
and forgotten villains;
funny how the fear of money
can do that,
or perhaps it’s the drugs,
which concern themselves
with keeping my heart
beating mechanically;
as it ceases to function
emotionally.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive