Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Forever Gone

everything fades,
everything turns to dust,
passing by like floating leaves
on flowing mountain streams,
drifting away,
never to return,
never to be seen
again;
this house is not a home,
this place is not a destination,
this time is not an answer;
words fall like rain,
memories slip from their solid grasp,
breathing does not come easy,
as you desperately seek
just one more
dying gasp;
if you listen,
you can hear the wood cracking
before the final collapse,
dark, dead end streets,
paved with suffering and pain,
cry out for new victims,
seeking fresh clean sacrifices;
I have always been there,
making everything right,
but now I stand by and watch
as their lives are destroyed
forever;
this is what I do,
it is who I am,
it is all there is;
my dreams are always chaos,
lying somewhere in the shadows,
hopelessly lost;
forever gone.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive