Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Doctrine

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.   2 Timothy 4:3-4
When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch.” Simon answered, “Master, we've worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.” When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink. When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus’ knees and said, “Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!” For he and all his companions were astonished at the catch of fish they had taken, and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon’s partners. Then Jesus said to Simon, “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people.” So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him.   Luke 5:4-11
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.   1 Corinthians 13:8
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay own his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit – fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.   John 15: 12-17
Entire sanctification or not,
tongues or not,
special discernment,
gifts of the spirit,
self-declared knowledge,
man-made wisdom and
vanities of the heart,
mysterious new doctrines,
emotional roller coaster rides,
puffed up words fading
with the dust,
one truth,
one Lord,
one kingdom;
in the end
all that will be left
is love;
for now we see with imperfection,
peering through a fog shrouded mist,
unable to find complete clarity
or understanding;
one day the fog will roll away,
the doubt will be removed,
we shall see through eyes of perfection;
we shall know perfect truth;
we shall experience perfect love;
Lord I am so unworthy,
I am so inadequate,
go away from me
for I am a sinful man,
tear out my sin-filled eyes,
burn my lips and tongue
with hot burning coals;
let the whole world be silent
before Your magnificent
and holy presence;
let every knee bow,
let every heart confess,
that You and You alone
are Lord and King,
that to You
and You alone
does all glory belong;
Lord let me escape false teachers
who no longer follow sound doctrine,
rabid dogs who know not truth
nor allow others to follow its path,
fading mists speaking vain words
for itching ears to hear,
let me walk in Your light,
let me live in Your love,
let Your will be done
forever.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive