Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Warning

I wish
I could tell you
something,
but this
is all there is;
I wish
I could show you
something,
but there is nothing
to show;
there is much
I could have
given you;
once;
but it is all gone,
and it will
never return;
it left
a long time ago;
the best I can offer
are words
of worlds unseen,
of things
unknown,
which exist
only within your
mind,
I am not a wise man,
I am not a great man,
I am nothing
but that
which you make me,
no stronger,
no weaker,
I am nothing
but a reflection;
look hard;
and you will only see
yourself;
look quick;
I will show you
exactly
what you want to see;
listen closely;
I will tell you
exactly
what you want to hear;
and the whole time
I will show you
nothing;
while promising you
everything;
I will give you
confusion,
born in a cellar
of doubt and lies;
I will take you places
you’ve never been before,
then leave you there
all alone;
I give you this warning;
which is more
than I give
most
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive