Wednesday, July 5, 2017

This One's For You Scott






















Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you. Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days. Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter. You have condemned and murdered the innocent one, who was not opposing you.   James 5:1-6
had a meeting today
with all the big boys,
it made me realize
just how small
I really am,
I sat there a long time
after that meeting,
staring at the pages
of an open tech manual;
I thought about a good friend I knew once,
I thought about the times
we got falling down drunk together,
laughing our asses off, and
how I loved him like the brother I never had,
I thought about how he sat in his car
in the parking lot of the navy prototype,
in upstate New York,
put a gun to his chest;
and pulled the trigger;
I thought about what he must have felt,
all the things which went through his head
in those last few seconds;
and now I knew;
now I knew what it felt like
to have your soul raped
and be powerless to prevent it;
fuck all the big boys everywhere,
they got it all covered,
they always do,
but they ain’t gonna take me,
they never will,
no matter how much shit they pile on,
if you wait long enough,
even this passes,
just like everything else;
this one’s for you Scott.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive