Sunday, July 2, 2017

Now There is You






















for most of my life I have tried to create art,
painting pictures with words,
offering different perspectives,
silently observing,
hopelessly searching,
forever wondering,
continually hiding;
but words have never quite described
the voice inside,
there were times when they came close,
but in the end they faded into nothing,
lying broken and unheard,
forgotten and abandoned,
falling like flakes of crystallized snow
upon endless plains of shifting sand,
melting on contact;
gone without hope;
for most of my life,
words have been my only companion,
a refuge of safety and solitude,
a convenient hiding place,
a comfortable illusion,
my sword and shield,
a powerful weapon
by which my enemies might be destroyed;
without mercy,
without compassion,
without hope;
now the illusion disappears,
the darkness turns to day,
You are healing the wounds,
You are showing me the way;
now there is more than words,
now there is truth,
now there is light,
now there is hope;
now there is You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive