Sunday, July 16, 2017

Not Even a Sparrow



















Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.   Luke 12:6-7
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.   John 1:12-13
in the morning
Your voice softly speaks,
telling me not to fear,
bringing peace
to my troubled mind,
removing the chaos and confusion,
lighting up the darkness,
proving that You are real,
reminding me that You see
everything I do,
that not even a sparrow falls
without Your knowledge,
and that I am worth more
than many sparrows;
praise you Lord;
help me overcome
the spiritual darkness,
help me remember
that the arrogance and hypocrisy
of others will pass,
help me turn the other cheek
when I am attacked,
silence my lips before they utter
foolish words of vanity and evil,
teach me to control this flesh,
seeking only self-fulfillment
and self-preservation,
remove anything
that is not of You
let others see You through me;
let me be a son
of the living God.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive