Saturday, July 8, 2017

Guilt




















isn’t it enough that
children are starving?
their lives shattered by flood and famine,
and in the middle of it,
some Hitler wannabe
has to add to the misery,
killing and torturing the innocent,
over petty, insignificant causes,
which have nothing to do with life or death;
shouldn’t survival be enough?
sometimes I just want to say
screw it all,
sometimes I’m ashamed
to be a part of this shit
called the human race,
but then I remember
I’ve never gone hungry a day in my life,
so I make a sandwich,
turn on the tv to numb my brain,
and before long;
the guilt’s all gone;
during a commercial I think,
maybe I’ll send 50 bucks
to one of those adopt a third world kid places;
at Christmas;
yeah,
that will make everything
OK.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive