Sunday, July 2, 2017

Life or Death




















all my life,
I have been waiting for magnificent words of truth,
searching for polished pearls of passionate wisdom,
hidden within the great and wonderful secrets of an unknown universe,
which when read would illuminate the mind and liberate the soul
with the might and power of which they speak,
I have read all the egotistical, self-serving bullshit of others,
I have listened to all the self-made giants,
speaking of glorious triumphs over the inner man,
I have heard all about their total and complete conquests of the human spirit,
in them all I see the vanity and futility of their watery words,
they are just passing vapor disappearing into the portals of time,
they are as nothing or anything,
gone within the exhalation of a breath,
snuffed like summer bugs on highway windshields;
words;
they scurry around like cockroaches in the middle of a kitchen floor,
they fly like ravenous bats in the dimming nighttime skies,
they shift and moan like a whore on a sultry Saturday night,
they rape and pillage until there is no more,
they cry out while dying a thousand deaths,
impaled upon the scallions of shame and conceit;
I have played these word games before,
I have won, I have lost,
I have created illusions of the mind,
while hiding within the walls of palatial palaces,
showing only enough to satisfy payments due,
while arousing the passions of unquenchable fires;
this time the stakes are beyond limits,
this time there is no convenient way out,
no providential safety net spread out below,
this time it is for real,
this time it is life or death,
this time it is final;
in here there are no secrets,
in here everything is brought out into the light;
I know that for You all things are possible,
I know that You are LORD of my life.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive