Sunday, July 16, 2017

A Long Road


















I think I am ready,
it has been a long road,
full of humiliation and degradation,
holding back at the hypocrisy,
turning the other cheek to the self-righteous,
babbling of fools,
remaining silent in the face of man-made
knowledge and wisdom;
it has been a long road;
I hear Your voice,
softly calling
in the middle of the night,
asking if I am ready
to let go,
asking if I am ready
to follow;
and yes,
this time I think
I am finally ready;
Lord, stay with me now,
stay with me forever,
reach out and touch me
with Your blessed hand,
heal my wounds,
forgive my transgressions,
open my eyes,
fill me with Your light,
guide my paths,
overflow my cup,
restore my soul;
bring me home to You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive