Friday, July 28, 2017

All That Matters Now




















once I could do things
most people only dream of,
I could run with the wind,
move like a cat,
hit 90 mph fastballs,
I had strength,
I had power,
things most know
nothing about,
I took it for granted,
I thought it would last forever;
now it is all gone;
now I struggle just to move,
I fight for every breath,
I strain to hold on,
I live for the next meal,
my stomach aches with every bite,
I long for the past;
I search for a way out;
life is not fair,
it does not provide justice
one way or the other,
some have more,
some have less,
some have nothing at all,
there is no guarantee,
there is no certainty,
there is no balance;
life is an illusion;
it does not matter now,
it has come,
it has gone,
all that matters now
is what comes next;
all that matters now
is You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive