Monday, July 10, 2017

All Things

























Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. John 12:25
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:11-13
in the morning, the pain is more
than my mind can fathom,
my body barely able to move,
my spirit humbled and broken,
the thought of facing another day
more than I think I can bear;
how long Lord?
how long?
then You fill me with strength,
the pain lessens,
movement becomes possible,
the day becomes bearable;
You have taken me
to new depths,
humbling me,
teaching me,
training me,
preparing me;
showing me the misery of
so many others,
struggling to survive
just one more day,
in this life that is
not a life,
in this world that is
not a home;
now I can see,
now I understand;
the fear,
the hopelessness,
the despair,
the bitterness,
the anger;
the hatred;
Lord cleanse me,
remove the filth and
impurities,
discipline me,
teach me Your ways;
Your words are life,
I want that life;
I want only You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive