Friday, October 4, 2013

This Prison/Parole

This Prison

In the dead of the hot
summer night,
the breeze finally comes,
as the heat floats gently away
like the breath of a
slowly dying man,
his soul crying out to be free
from this prison
where it has been held
for so long,
never allowed to become
all that it was meant to be,
praying for survival
among the destruction
of these decaying
prison walls,
returning to a home
it has never known;
sleep comes hard
in this lonely land of pain,
as thoughts of words
already said echo through
the silence of the mind,
remembering places nearly forgotten
by this clever disguise
called life;
the still, small voice
softly calls out,
offering a refuge of
hope and light
amidst the cold and barren darkness
of this forgotten,
forsaken cell;
I wish I could walk out
of this prison,
discard it like old clothes,
free at last,
no restrictions,
no fear or rage,
only quiet, simple thought;
this prison which holds me
to the earth,
this prison that makes me
crave depravity,
this prison in which I was born,
this prison which has
grown with me,
but has never let me
grow.


Parole

Within the conquering depths
of this cold black cell,
You bring hope and life,
from the empty solitude
of this perpetual dungeon,
You fill me with your light,
trapped in the endless despair
of this eternal bondage,
You bring freedom and peace;
this prison,
holding me captive all my life,
no longer decides
who or what I shall be,
this depraved fortress of iniquity,
filled with unending suffering and pain
where so much has been lost,
no longer shackles me
in the binding chains
of anger and fear,
the master of eternal night,
whose darkness and lies
deceive the whole world,
no longer blinds my eyes;
freed from this prison
at a cost beyond compare,
paroled by Your sacrifice and love
through Your amazing mercy and grace;
PRAISE YOUR NAME FOREVER!!!
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive