Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Edge

Another from the past. All I can say is be careful what you seek, because you just might find it.

The Edge

I want to explore
the edge,
where no man goes,
and from which
no man returns,
I no longer wish
to be held back
by places and things
that are safe
and warm,
I want to soar
to heights unknown,
explore caverns
hidden from sight,
where creatures of the night
prowl and hunt,
as majestic gods
look down in pity
upon frightened herds,
running
from their own slaughter,
I seek a truth
that is more truthful
than that
which is offered,
by the distorted,
twisted words,
of those seeking
only the obvious;
oh yes,
give it all
to this simple,
single wanderer;
throw it all away,
give it all back,
come run with me
through fields of crimson fire,
caress the eternal beast,
and drink
with the thirst
of a thousand dying men;
even if for a moment.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive