Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Every Hope

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 14:12
there are many kinds of right,
many kinds of wrong,
many elaborate illusions and myths,
all of which seem correct to a man,
all of which fade with time,
like early morning fog,
rapidly disappearing
before the approaching
noonday sun;
there is only one right,
there is only one truth,
there is only one way
leading to life,
all others lead to
destruction and death;
there are no other choices,
no alternate paths,
no other name by which
a man might be saved;
in the end there is
outer darkness,
or there is You;
that is the truth,
those are the choices,
despite how hard so many
wish to believe otherwise;
You have delivered me
from dark prisons
where only sadness and
sorrow live,
You have pulled me up
from pits of decadence
and decay where hope
does not exist,
You have restored all
that was lost in the darkness
of the night;
there is nothing more that I desire,
nothing more that I need;
You have provided all that I require,
You have fulfilled every dream,
You are my every hope,
You are my everything;
thank you Lord.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive