Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Every Breath

when we are young
we dream of all that could be,
as we grow old
we come to the bitter realization
of all that we are not,
and what will never be;
it is then dreams die,
it is then that hope fades,
it is then truth is lost;
for everything there is a season,
for everything there is a purpose,
for every push there is a shove,
for every action there is a reaction;
overwhelm me with Your truth,
fill me with Your light,
let today be the day,
let now be the time;
in You we become something greater,
in You we are made complete,
in You dreams live once more,
in You hope is restored,
in You we shall live forever;
let every breath taken
be taken for Your glory,
let every word spoken
be spoken of Your majesty,
let every creature under the sun
praise Your name;
be my King,
be my Lord,
be my Master,
raise this vessel from the dust,
make me a noble instrument
useful for Your holy will,
let me be Your humble servant
for all eternity.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive