Monday, October 21, 2013

Once More

The end draws near,
it speaks from within
as surely as the wind
blowing through the
swaying trees;
the last breath awaits,
silently and patiently lingering,
as final as ocean waves
crashing down upon
deserted winter shores;
I do not fear it,
I do not seek it,
it is what it is,
it will be what it will be,
part of the final story,
a small piece of who
and what I was,
the completion of
a journey;
I know it will not be easy
dealing with the anxiety and pain,
I know there will be times
when my patience and tolerance
will grow short,
when the anger and fear
of the flesh will come out,
but I know it will be harder
on those around me,
my wife, my family,
what few friends I have,
than it will be on me;
because I know
my Lord and Savior,
the One who was sacrificed
for me,
the King who laid
down His life
that I might live,
will be there the whole time,
I know He will
give me the strength
to endure every trial,
I know that He will be
by my side through every
moment of suffering and pain,
I know He will never leave me,
never forsake me,
never stop loving me;
it is in His hands
that I place my life,
to Him do I submit
all that I have,
in Him do I place my trust,
through Him shall I live
once more.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive