Sunday, October 20, 2013

Anonymity

for most of my life
I have endured anonymity,
accepting the mental and emotional abuse,
withstanding the humiliating onslaught,
listening to the voices of the proud and vain,
as they crush and demean the weary and worn,
trampling underfoot the helpless and weak;
without mercy,
without reservation,
without compassion;
for most of my life
I have endured anonymity,
with all its darkness and corruption,
hiding in the shadows,
weeping unknown tears,
asking questions with
unanswerable answers,
living a lifeless life,
waiting for a definitive end;
yes, I have endure anonymity,
with all its cruel subtleties
and ironic mysteries,
silently watching and observing,
forever imagining and wondering,
continually seeking and searching;
then there was freedom,
then there was hope,
then there was light;
then there was You;
great is the Lord,
vast are the lessons of His wisdom,
holy are the paths on which
He walks,
righteous are all His ways;
my spirit cries out for Your presence,
my mouth thirsts for Your knowledge,
my eyes long for Your beauty and grace,
my soul searches for Your glory and light.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive