Thursday, October 10, 2013

everyday

some hold on a little
longer,
some a little less,
but eventually,
the sun does set
on us all,
in the end we all
become equal,
as cruel as this
might seem,
at least it is
unconditional and
without favor;
God is no respecter
of persons;
I think about all the
missed opportunities,
all the special individuals,
all the moments which
slipped through my fingers,
the chances to tell them
how very unique they were,
how much I loved them,
but the time came and went;
now they are gone;
everyday I wait for freedom,
everyday I hang on for tomorrow,
everyday I fight the battle,
everyday I lose the war;
life is not about happiness and joy,
life is not about self-discovery,
life is not about self-satisfaction or
any kind of self-motivation at all;
life is about love
and forgiveness,
life is about doing unto others
as you would have them
do unto you,
life is about coming to the
realization that we all have
fallen short,
that none of us are going
to escape on our own,
life is about loving God
with all your mind and
heart;
everyday I wait for freedom,
everyday I hang on for tomorrow,
everyday I fight the battle,
everyday I lose the war.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive