Friday, October 4, 2013

Hold on to Tomorrow

all our lives,
we wait for better days,
sitting at kitchen tables
in the middle of the night,
listening to the voices
speaking inside our silent heads,
waiting for a morning sunrise
just over the horizon;
I have seen your darkness,
I have felt your fear,
I have known your emptiness,
I have been where you are;
I look into the night,
I run from the past,
I search for the answers,
I hear the distant call,
forever trapped
by man-made ideas
and thoughts,
continually caught
within self-made visions
and illusions;
brave new paths lie ahead,
reach for the shining light,
hold on to tomorrow,
don’t give up the fight;
the prize awaits,
the fog does slowly fade,
nighttime darkness crawls away,
dreams no longer hide,
somewhere just past midnight,
detour signs appear,
as a different road beckons,
a new way revealed,
a road which never ends,
a road to call our own,
a road stretching into the future,
a road that takes us home,
where we can lay our
tired, battered heads;
hold on to tomorrow,
don’t give up the fight.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive