Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Best We Can

everywhere there is anger,
everywhere there is meanness,
everywhere there is ridicule,
everywhere there is despair,
men no longer search for truth,
men no longer thirst for righteousness,
it has become much too dangerous,
political correctness has become
the brave new frontier;
compromise the name of the game;
the world as we know it
is falling down with no
relief in sight;
answers no longer have meaning,
questions are no longer asked;
I close my eyes
and imagine days gone by,
I close my eyes
and see days too come,
I hold on to the hope
while letting go of the reality,
I search for winding, empty roads
where few have ever traveled,
settling in the end
for safety and comfort,
following paths well taken;
broken promises and lost paradises
tumble down,
like building block houses
on a child’s playroom floor,
failure hurts,
fantasies and foolish feelings
become lost,
slipping forever from your grasp,
always just a reach too far,
always a little more than
you can hold;
time and flesh fade
until finally
words are all that is left,
when in truth
they are all there ever were,
overcoming the night
is never an easy task,
yet still we try,
the best we can;
letting go of the dreams
was never part of the plan,
yet still we do,
the best we can;
somewhere little boys are free
to play the games of men,
while dreaming of days ahead,
without running from the demons
of their past;
I am still here,
quietly waiting,
I will wait as long
as You require;
I will wait forever;
I belong to You,
I always have,
I always will,
You are my Lord,
You are my Master,
You are my God;
You are my Everything.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive