Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Where You Are

Depravity is never far away,
like a cancer it grows,
eating everything in its path,
destroying all that is good and true,
mocking righteousness,
laughing at suffering and misery,
hurling damning accusations,
enslaving its victims in decadence,
forever caught in the bondage of sin.

Silence becomes a special friend,
isolation the weapon of choice,
dirty little secrets
impossible to defend,
perversions and lusts
hiding behind flesh covered walls,
truth slowly disappearing,
light gently fading,
years rolling quietly by,
night steadily consuming the day.

The anger rises up,
the fleshly imperfection takes hold,
then I remember You;
I remember Your suffering and sacrifice,
the shame sets in,
the humility overwhelms;

I am so unworthy.

Some days I am so close,
others I am so far;
look down on me now,
hear the murmur of my crying heart,
lift me from this dry, lonesome grave,
have mercy on Your servant,
take me where You are.

Remove the darkness,
unlock the chains,
let the light come pouring in;

fill me with Your love.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive