Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just as He Promised

Someday the last line will be written,
there will be no more waiting,
no more searching for the final word,
no more pursuit of the perfect phrase,
nothing more to be saved.

I wonder if there will be closure,
I wonder if I will feel peace,
I wonder if I will have said it all,
I wonder if anyone will take notice,
I wonder if anyone will care.

I suspect in the end,
my words will die and decay away,
just as this fleshly body
will crumble into the dust
from whence it came.

It does not concern me,
for I will be with my Lord then,
He will provide my sustenance,
He shall wipe away my tears,
He will fill me with joy,
He shall be my hope and redeemer,
He will make all things new,
He will provide all that I ever need,
just as He said in His holy word;

just as He promised.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive