Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Once More

The end draws near,
it speaks from within
just as surely as the wind
blowing through the swaying trees.

The last breath waits,
silently and patiently lingering,
as final as ocean waves
crashing down upon
deserted winter shores.

I do not fear it,
I do not seek it,
it is what it is,
it will be what it will be,
part of the final story,
a small piece of who
and what I was;

the completion of a journey.

I know it will not be easy
dealing with the anxiety and pain,
I know there will be times
when my patience and tolerance
will grow short,
when the anger and fear
of the flesh will come out,
but I know it will be harder
on those around me,
my wife, my family, what few friends I have,
than it will be on me.

Because I know my Lord and Savior,
the One who was sacrificed for me,
the King who laid down His life
that I might live,
will be there the whole time;
I know that He will give me the strength
to endure every trial;
I know that He will be by my side
through every moment of suffering and pain;
I know He will never leave me,
never forsake me,
never stop loving me.

It is in His hands that I place my life,
to Him do I submit all that I have,
in Him do I place my trust;

through Him shall I live once more.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive