Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sanctuary

The touch returns,
the cold black night closes in,
dogs return to their vomit,
sows freshly cleaned
wallow in the mire once again,
am I really so far,
will I ever escape
from these prison walls
surrounding me now?

And yes now I see,
now I know
just how far it goes,
just how costly it becomes,
what fools we are;

trapped within snares
of our own doing.

I see my life play out,
I remember all the wrong decisions,
I relive all the wasted opportunities,
I count up all the lost minutes,
and I am so tired.

The darkness waits
once more,
thick and black,
silently enveloping my soul,

does no one see?
does no one know?
does no one care?

Everything fades,
everything passes by
like shadows in the night,
everything changes
with the morning dawn,

Save me O Lord,
let me rest
in Your powerful arms,
let me find sanctuary
within Your sacred walls,

bring me home to You.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive