Monday, July 18, 2011

I Will

I have rested,
I have slept through
the long cruel night,
I have withstood the sting
of twilights last goodbye,
I have seen the land
of shadow’s end;

where nothing ventures
and nothing returns.

Inside we are all the same,
crawling, running, searching, seeking;
so close, yet so incredibly far,
hiding from truth
and mysterious creatures
standing just beyond the void,
where words shake out
and sorrows seldom go,
whispering final goodbyes
along the way.

You miss so much
trapped within these prison walls,
where recognition is lost
within subtle rows
of uninterrupted, self-induced bliss.

Sometimes answers to prayers
do not provide expected results,
sometimes truth is a hard road
to travel;

but even unwelcome answers,
are better than no answers at all.

I do not understand the why,
I do not see the how,
I do not have the desire
or the vision,
but if this is from You;

then I will.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive