Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Comforter

Sometimes I am so close,
some days I am so sure,
as the words flash across my mind
like lightning in the sky,
here and gone in the blink of an eye,
with no idea what comes next.

Awed by the magnitude and depth,
humbled and amazed
by how far it truly goes,
taken aback by the wisdom
with which it speaks,

the Comforter
promised by His word,
He who testifies of the truth,
He who teaches discipline and knowledge,
He who brings all things to remembrance.

The precious gift
from the Lord
of love and perfection,
the Master of truth and light,
the Holy King of the universe
to whom I owe all that I have,
to whom I will praise,
to whom I will belong
forever.

Redeemed by the power
of His marvelous
love and grace,
freed from the
bondage of this world
through His
suffering and sacrifice,
saved from eternal darkness
by the shedding
of His precious blood.

O my Lord,
my sweet, sweet Lord,
to You do I give
everything that I have to give.

How I love
Your beauty and light,
how I long to see
Your glorious face,
guide me down the path
which leads me home to You.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive