Monday, July 11, 2011

Once Again (Luke 5:8)

Back in the gutter,
covered with filth and stench,
full of dark angry thoughts,
pointing fingers,
passing unfounded judgment;

once again.

Wrapped up in the cares of this world,
thinking of short term solutions,
lost in the self-absorbed pity,
searching for flesh driven answers,
drowning in vanity and pride;

once again.

Go away from me Lord,
I am a sinful man!

Instead You reach out
Your mighty hand,
pulling me from the murky quagmire,
softly whispering in my ear:

“Don’t be afraid;”

once again.

O Lord,
I don’t know why
You suffered and died
for someone like me,
but I know that You did;

I don’t know how someone like You
could love someone like me,
but I know that You do;

and I don’t know
how someone as perfect as You,
could save someone like me,
from the fate
which I so undeniably deserve,
but I know that You will;

thank You my Holy Lord,
praise Your mighty name,
all glory to You,
forever and ever.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive