Tuesday, July 5, 2011

All That I Have

You shine like a beacon in the night,
bringing light to a land grown dark,
restoring life to a dying world,
providing truth where there was none.

So many years
spent living in eternal darkness,
no one knowing,
no one seeing;

but You.

Locked away
like some dirty little secret,
the self-inflicted abuse slowly taking it’s toll,
until there was nothing left;

nowhere left to turn,
nowhere left to run.

Then You called out,
leading me to places
never before seen,
showing me possibilities
never before imagined.

By Your suffering and sacrifice
was I saved,
by Your wounds and stripes
was I healed.

You have restored
all that was lost,
You have brought
new hope and joy
where there was none;

to You do I owe all that I have,
to You will I belong forever.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive