Saturday, September 9, 2017

Waiting For You





















everyday becomes less clear,
paths well-known slowly fade,
familiar faces slip into the background,
everything becomes more shrouded,
more temporary,
running from well placed snares,
hiding behind silent shields;
I am holding on,
waiting for You;
these emotions ebb and flow,
this uncertainty totters on the edge
then topples into the flames,
the night closes in,
the filth sticks like glue,
yet the fire remains within,
even now I search for a way,
still the sun does rise,
still a new day does begin;
I am holding on,
waiting for You;
words fall like tears,
meaning very little and
saying even less,
the only key in a world
of illusion and mirage,
the only clues
to forgotten mysteries
and empty memories;
cleanse me of this depravity,
remove this terrible darkness
from my sight,
open the door to this prison cell,
free my spirit,
guide my path home;
I am holding on,
waiting for You.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive